Petition to relocate

Child custody issues can become complicated when one of the parents suddenly decided to relocate to another city.

Many divorce agreements provide restrictions regarding the ability of a parent to relocate.  Does yours?  A parent that wants to relocate because of a new job is required to file a petition with the court to remove any residency restrictions that may be in place.  Many family courts are reluctant to grant such petitions.  When they are granted, however, it may involve a modification to the terms of the child custody agreement.

Whether you are a parent seeking to relocate with your child or a parent attempting to block the relocation, it is important to consult with an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will be able to present your position to the court and increase your chances of a result that serves the best interests of you and your child.