Couples seeking annulment

A couple may seek an annulment if one or both parties are under the age of 18 and did not have parental consent.  Other reasons include one or both parties are already legally married to another person, or incest.

A petition for a judgment of nullity is requested instead of a petition for dissolution.  Community property laws are the same as in divorce proceedings.

Some people ask for an annulment decree because of religious or social reasons.  If you are thinking about an annulment, speak to an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will discuss your options to see which are best for you.