An annulment legally ends a marriage; it is as though the marriage never occurred. In order to file for an annulment, certain criteria must be met. These include:
· Age – if one of the parties is not of legal age of consent
· Mental incapacity – if a person is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs at the time of the
· Incest – a marriage between blood relatives
· Fraud – criminal history, sexually transmitted disease, cannot produce children
· Force – cannot be coerced or put under duress
· Religion – granted by a church
If you believe your marriage should be annulled, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney to discuss if you meet the qualifications required for a California annulment.