An unfair child support order

Do you think your existing child support order is unfair?

Even if you and your former spouse agree that the child support order should be modified, it must be approved by a judge to be legally enforceable.  A hearing must be scheduled in order to argue the pros and cons of the proposed modification.

As a heads up, the court does not usually modify an existing order unless the parent proposing the modification can show significant change in his or her circumstances.  Examples of significant change include job loss or illness.

If you are requesting a modification of your child support order, contact an Orange County Family Law attorney who will provide you with experienced counsel and personal attention to your needs.