If you think your marriage is heading for divorce, ask yourself the following:
- Do you and your spouse communicate? If the answer is no, look out. Communication is the most important part of a marriage. Without it, you have nothing.
- Compromise is very important with your partner. You should not let issues go unresolved – find a solution.
- A healthy marriage does not mean being together 24 hours a day, but if you don’t spend any time together, it is not good.
- Respect is a crucial aspect of any relationship. Tell your partner you feel disrespected.
- If you find the negatives are outweighing the positives in your marriage, you may be heading for divorce.
- If you find your spouse or even yourself has given up and has stopped making an effort to work things out, you may be heading for a divorce.
If you are seeing warning signs in your marriage, it may be time to contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney to discuss divorce. Letting go of an unhealthy marriage may be the best thing you can do for yourself and your children.