Anyone who has gone through a divorce knows how painful, stressful and confusing this time can be, especially when there are children involved. Concerns arise about who, what, when, where, and how to tell your children.
The following are some helpful and positive tips:
- Sit down with your spouse and decide what you are going to say and how
- Don’t say anything to your children until a final decision is made
- Together, give them details about the new arrangements – be positive
- Be prepared to answer any questions they may ask
- Be honest and be simple – depending on their ages
- Never blame the other or talk negatively about him or her
- Always reassure your children of your love
Every family has its own unique needs and goals for a smooth and quick divorce process. Contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will support your needs and goals and make you their number one priority.