What is an appeal?

Do you think you got the bad end of the stick regarding the final judgment in your divorce?  Are you convinced that the family court did not understand the facts surrounding your situation?

If you believe that the family court made an error in a decision, you don’t have to live with it; you can file an appeal to possibly change it. If you do, you are now known as the petitioner.

Filing an appeal just because you do not like the decision that was made is not acceptable.  You must have legal grounds to do so.  In addition, the appeal can only be filed if you made objections during the divorce trial.

If you believe you received an adverse ruling during your divorce trial and want to appeal it, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will advise you of your legal options.