First of all: What is a default judgment? When you are involved in a divorce case, you expect everything to go smoothly and for your spouse to cooperate. When you serve your spouse with a petition, you expect them to answer is within your state’s time limits because this is how your case moves forward…. Continue reading →
Posts Tagged ‘valid excuse’
Amy Montes on Monday, February 19th, 2018
Posted in California law, Divorce, Family Law | Comments Off on Can We Receive Default Judgment in Our Divorce Case?
Experienced. Dedicated. Distinguished.
Our legal team is dedicated to helping individuals achieve new beginnings after divorce and other complicated family law issues. Attorney Amy Montes', dedication and experience led to her being named one of 2009's Who's Who in Orange County in Orange County Lawyers Magazine.
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
- In What Circumstances Does Supervised Visitation Apply to a Case?
- The Answers to Your Burning Questions Regarding Mediation
- Your Holiday Plans and Custody: How to Modify Your Order
- What to Know When You Are Divorcing from an Abusive Spouse
- Can I Attempt to Appeal My Child Custody Order After the Fact?