Not every family emergency requires calling the police. Of course if you are being threatened or attacked, it is important to call them.
What about emergencies that require attention, but not a visit to the police station? Examples include:
· Problems when you want to take your child on vacation out of California
· Temporary orders of protection
· Not returning your child after a scheduled visit
· Suspect your former partner has a drug problem
· Wondering if your child is being abused
Some emergency matters are the result of attempts to resolve the matter outside of court. If you have a matter that is important to you, but does not require police attention, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who understands how important it is to react quickly if there is a true emergency.