Do you have contempt issues?

What happens when your ex-spouse violates the terms of your divorce settlement?

The decision to divorce, in most cases, is a difficult one.  Reaching an agreeable arrangement for child and/or spousal support, child custody, visitation, property and debt division, and all the other family issues involved in the dissolution of a marriage is time-consuming, stressful and sometimes very expensive.  Once these agreements are ruled on by the court, the couple must rely on compliance to those agreements.

When a divorce settlement is reached and approved by the court, the terms of the divorce are enforceable by law. When one of the parties fails to keep this agreement, they are in contempt of the court and could be facing civil or criminal contempt charges.  This is a serious situation.

If your spouse is not complying with a court-ordered agreement, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will review your case, prepare the necessary paperwork needed to bring the matter before the court to pursue contempt charges, and determine the most effective course of action to take.