The divorce rate is at an all-time high. Almost 50 percent of all marriages end in divorce.
Divorce litigation is when a divorcing couple cannot come to a settlement agreement; they need the help of the family court to settle issues regarding child custody, child support, spousal support, and property division.
If you are going through a divorce and planning on having the court settle your disagreements, you should be aware of the following:
- You will spend a lot of money – attorney fees, discovery, trials, phone calls, delays
- If custody is an issue, the court will probably appoint an attorney for your children
- The judge will decide what happens to you and your family; you have no control
- You must return to the court to make any changes in the future
- Your finances are made public
All of these matters impact you and your family, your financial security and your future. If you are going through a divorce, it is important to work with a legal team that can protect your rights.
At the Law Office of Amy M. Montes, we will take the time to get to know you and your family, taking into consideration your immediate and future objectives. Our priority is to reach a solution that will protect your rights and the best interests of your family.
We know that you are better served when a settlement can be reached without pursuing litigation. Call us today and get started on a new and brighter future.