Child support issues

What do you do if your former spouse is ordered to pay child support and he or she refuses to do so.

If this happens to you, the person owing the support may be held in contempt of the court order and sent to jail until the support is paid.  In addition,

  • a money judgment may be entered against the person owing the money
  • a lien may be filed against any real or person property that person owns
  • if the person has a professional license, that license can be suspended

If you are having problems collecting your child support, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who understands the difficult issues that may be involved in any family law or child support matter, and will work hard to protect your rights and those of your children’s.