Archive for the ‘Post-Judgment Modification of Orders’ Category

How long do I have to Appeal a Divorce Judgement?

A divorce decree, or the final judgement in a divorce proceeding, states important terms for issues such as property distribution, child custody, child support, and alimony payments. The right to appeal your judgment is governed entirely by statute in California. If you file an appeal, jurisdiction is turned over to the appellate court, except for… Continue reading →

Tags: , , , , , ,
Posted in Divorce, Post-Judgment Modification of Orders | Comments Off on How long do I have to Appeal a Divorce Judgement?

Post-Judgement Modifications

Sometimes significant changes occur after a couple is legally divorced that make it necessary to change the court order. During these occasions, a legal modification may be appropriate, for example: If you have lost your job If you have suffered a disability or illness If your ex-spouse has had a significant increase in financial status… Continue reading →