Birth certificate changes

There are times when a birth certificate needs to be changed or corrected.  Sometimes it is due to parental rights or sometimes because a mistake was made on the original document.  It is important to have the name of the actual father on the birth certificate.

Do you want to change the name of your baby on his or her birth certificate?  Are you ready to include the name of a father on the birth certificate?

There are several ways to go about legally changing a child’s name or adding the father’s name on a birth certificate.  Officially changing the name of a child requires filing a petition with the court, and may require the consent of both parents.  Going to the courtroom is not always necessary.  However, problems can arise if one parent refuses to give consent.

If you want to make a change on your child’s birth certificate and do not know how to begin, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will guide you through the process and provide legal options to help resolve any problems that may arise.