Are you looking to adopt a child to help fulfill your dreams of parenting?
Adoption is the legal process of taking a child into your family by choice, and raising him or her as your own. Adopting a child can be one of the most rewarding experiences in your life. Opening your home to a child who needs one is a big change.
There are several types of adoptions, which include:
- Open – birth mother gets information about the adoptive parents and may even meet them
- Closed – the parties do not even know each other’s names
- Foster care – a child placed into a foster home can be ultimately adopted by the foster parents
- Stepparent – when one party has a child from a former marriage and the other party wants to legally formalize his or her relationship with the child
- Third-party – facilitated through an agency or other source
- Relative – a grandparent, aunt or uncle chooses to adopt a child related to him or her upon the death of the child’s parent or parents
If you are in the process of deciding whether adoption is right for you, contact the Orange County family law offices of Amy M. Montes. We make the adoption path as smooth as possible for you so that you and your new family member can begin your new lives together.
We take time to get to know our clients, so we can tailor our representation to their unique needs. We are directed by attorney Amy M. Montes, who takes a holistic approach to family law representation — balancing the need to aggressively protect your rights while pursuing favorable resolutions through negotiation, mediation, litigation or trial. Send us a message and fill out our contact form online.