A grandparent’s rights

Is your child going through a divorce and his or her spouse will not let you visit your grandchild?  You may have rights to visit even if your daughter-in-law or son-in-law says, “no”.

California law states that anyone who has a solid, familial relationship with a child can sue for visitation rights.  First, you must petition the court for visitation rights.  The court decides if your visits with the child are in his or her best interests; if so, visitation will be awarded.

If your child is going through a divorce and you long to be with your grandchild, take some action.  Visit an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will fight for your rights as a grandparent.  All children deserve to have grandparents, especially those who love them and want to spend a lot of time with them.