Getting through a divorce can be devastating. Now, you are faced with decisions that need to be made by yourself. Do you have the strength to do it?
The following are a few tips to get you, a single parent, through one of the toughest times in your life.
· First, develop a support network – people you can depend on today. This group should include trusted friends and family.
· Be emotionally available for your children who need you more than ever.
· Stop and grieve. It’s okay to express your feelings out loud. This will help you to move on.
· Make some “alone time” for yourself. It is important in the healing process – a time when you are not responsible for anyone except yourself.
· Do not neglect your health. Remember to eat healthy and exercise instead of sitting in front of the television.
· Don’t dwell on what is not working. Sit yourself down and decide how you can change the habits that did not work well for you.
· Be positive. It may not always be easy, but a positive attitude can help you move ahead.
· Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Sharing with a friend or family member can set a new purpose to your life.
If you have any questions regarding your divorce, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will be more than happy to help you out by answering those questions.