A common law marriage is created by cohabitation between two people for a certain period of time without an official ceremony. The couple consider themselves married. Most states do not recognize common law marriage and that includes California. However, California courts do recognize palimony. If the couple has lived together for several years and then… Continue reading →
Posts Tagged ‘palimony’
Experienced. Dedicated. Distinguished.
Our legal team is dedicated to helping individuals achieve new beginnings after divorce and other complicated family law issues. Attorney Amy Montes', dedication and experience led to her being named one of 2009's Who's Who in Orange County in Orange County Lawyers Magazine.
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
- In What Circumstances Does Supervised Visitation Apply to a Case?
- The Answers to Your Burning Questions Regarding Mediation
- Your Holiday Plans and Custody: How to Modify Your Order
- What to Know When You Are Divorcing from an Abusive Spouse
- Can I Attempt to Appeal My Child Custody Order After the Fact?