During the divorce process, both parties are supposed to account for all of their assets; however, there are times when one tries to hide some. Finding those concealed assets is not always an easy task.
Many individuals receive non-monetary perks from their employer, which include:
· Frequent flyer miles
· Time share purchased during the marriage
· Security deposit on rental property
· Hobbies – coins, stamps
The court cannot divide assets that it does not know about. If you suspect your spouse is hiding assets, search for them:
· Contact county records office to make sure real estate has not been sold
· Check bank account records for withdrawals
· Was your signature faked on any documents?
· Hire a private investigator to do the dirty work
If you are going through a divorce and believe your spouse is hiding assets or property, consult with an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who can advise you of your rights and put you on the path to a brighter future.