Being prepared for your day in court is very important. While California Family courts are not as formal as other courts may be, there are still some rules and manners that you should know. Remember to always dress professionally and be courteous to those around you.
The following are some helpful hints to get you through the day:
· Meet with your attorney to go over documents pertaining to the divorce
· Make sure you bring your paperwork to the court
· Don’t be late – it’s better to be early
· Be prepared, rested and relaxed
· You should be prepared for testimony
If you are heading for court for your divorce hearing, make sure you are well-rested and alert. If you have any questions about what will happen, contact an experienced Orange County Family Law attorney who will discuss all steps with you and make sure your best interests are protected.